Itinerary for the Greeley Jazz Festival
|7:30 am||Depart Kearney High School – bring a sack lunch or grab a quick bite at school|
|10:30 am||Concert in Ogallala? (2 hours; time zone change in route)|
|11:30 am||Depart Ogallala|
|3:30 pm||Arrive at Rocky Mountain National Park – go for a hike and get outside.|
|6:00 pm||Depart for Hotel and check in – Rainbow Motel (105 N 8th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631)|
|Grill out on patio|
|11:00 pm||Lights out|
|11:30||Watch bands and masterclasses|
|5:00 pm||Supper in Downtown Greeley|
|7:30 pm||Gordon Goodwin Big Band Concert @ Union Colony Civic Center (1000 10th Street, Greeley, Co 80631)|
(YOU WILL NEED NICE DRESS CLOTHES)
|10:00 pm||Transfer back to hotel|
|11:00 pm||Lights Out|
|7:30 am||Check out of hotel!|
|12:00 pm||Lunch in downtown Greeley|
|4:30 pm||Zaremba Jazz Fellowship concert featuring Wayne Bergeron and Wycliff Gordon (Union Colony Civic Center – 1000 10th Street, Greeley, Co 80631) (YOU WILL NEED NICE DRESS CLOTHES)|
|6:30 pm||Depart for Kearney (supper in route; time zone change in route)|
|11:30 pm||Arrive in Kearney|
- Check the weather before we leave. Make sure you have enough warm and/or cold clothes along
- Bring an extra pair of shoes and sock plus a plastic bag to put your wet/dirty shoes in after our time in Rocky Mountain National Park
- We will have a full bus so please don’t pack too much!
- Instrument/music if you are in performing
- Meals to plan on – see itinerary- should figure around $10 per meal. Some will be more some will be less.
- A positive and helpful attitude!
Friday April 20, 2018 8:30am – 9:00am
Moxi Theater 802 9th St, Greeley, CO 80631
- Warm Up Room Chief Theater (Clarion Hotel)
- Warm Up Time 30 Minutes Prior to Performance
- Clinic Room Bison (Clarion Hotel)
- Tags #uncjazzfest
- If you perform in the Moxi: There will be a check-in desk at the Clarion Hotel on the second floor FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. You will check in here, NOT at the Union Colony Civic Center.
- After performing, you will pick up your packet at your check-in location. Prizes may be claimed at the UNC Jazz Education Network Booth.
- Workshops will be offered at two locations (Senior Center and St. Patrick’s) in between the hours of 9:00 and 5:00 PM.
- Monfort Hall, Union Colony Civic Center – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm University / College Jazz Bands
- Hensel Phelps Theater, Union Colony Civic Center – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm High School Jazz Bands
- Room 101, Recreation Center – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm High School / Middle School Jazz Bands
- Stetson’s, Clarion Hotel – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm – University / College / High School / Middle School Jazz Combos
- Moxi Theater (see also Clarion Hotel below) – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm – College/ High School / Middle School Jazz Bands & Combos
- Plaza, Bison, & Cora Rose Ballrooms, Board Room, Clarion Hotel – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Warm up/Clinic Rooms for Moxi Theater & Stetsons
- Dining Hall, Senior Center – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Map of Greeley – https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zksqIS35lGIc.kYVeP_7lQ5NA
Bus Parking Info – http://www.arts.unco.edu/music/jazz_festival/pdfs/2015/JazzFestBusParking15.pdf
Restaurant Guide – http://www.arts.unco.edu/music/jazz_festival/pdfs/2014/GreeleyDowntownRestaurantGuide14.pdf
Greeley Restaurant Map – http://www.arts.unco.edu/music/jazz_festival/pdfs/GreeleyRestaurants.pdf