Come and support the KHS jazz program while having a great time in the process! The KHS Big Band Dance will feature the KHS Jazz Lab Band and the award winning KHS Jazz Ensemble as well as the local professional band, the Dan Sodomka Jazz Group. The theme for the dance this year is Havana Nights!
What is it?
Open to the public! Come out for a night of fabulous jazz music by the KHS jazz bands with special performance by the Dan Sodomka Jazz Group. This annual event helps raise funds for the high school jazz bands and goes toward new instruments and travel experiences.
This years theme is Havana Nights. Feel free to dress the part. Come dressed in costume, dressed to the nines or just show up. Dance or just watch it will be a great night either way.
Admission is $10 and light concessions will be available for purchase. There is FREE admission for enlisted military or veterans.
Cash, Venmo, or Cash App will be accepted.
- Parking in any KHS lot will be available.
- Big K entrance open 6:45 pm till 8:30pm
- West main entrance open 6:45 to 10:00
- There will be a variety of fruit pies $2 a slice
- Coffee $1
- Popcorn $3
- Variety of soda fountain drinks: regular cup $2 souvenir cup $5 with free refills.
Schedule of event
- Doors open at 6:45
- Jazz lab band 7:00 – 7:50
- Intermission – Tribute to law enforcement
- Jazz Ensemble 8:00- 8:50
- Intermission- shake your tail feathers dance off
- Dan Sodomka Jazz Group 9:00-10:00
A photo booth will be set up so you can capture the moment with friends.
Intermission Dance Off
Start shaking those tail feathers now and get them warmed up for our intermission group dance.
Here is a link to a video you can use to start practicing.
If you would like to help with the event you can sign up here.